Verbosity and Lines of code

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jun 30 19:26:49 EDT 2017

On 30/06/2017 17:32, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:

> What WILL save time (and I think it's on the list of future V9 features) is script editor "clairvoyance" or AutoFill as it's called. Imagine all your text variables starting with vtx (autofill usually requires a minimum of characters typed) and now you get a list of all your text variables, or array variables, or whatever variables. Suddenly you realize there is a mistyped entry. BUG FOUND!
No. I found that potential bug weeks ago because I had the sense to run
with explicitVariables turned on :-)

>   Imagine an editable list you can add to for things like 3rd party commands and functions. Typing dbquery_createObject() every time I want to use an sqlYoga query, THAT is too much typing!

What I'd really like is an editable list of custom properties for an
object - and perhaps have autofill display them and let me choose.

Actually, I'd maybe be even more happy to have

     setPropdefault   -- called when setting any custom property which
doesn't have its own setProp
     getPropdefault   -- ditto

and then I could check if it was a typo (or other error).
e.g. I could do ....
     setPropDefault propName, newVal
       if propName is among the items of "contents,size,chart" then
       else
          if the environment is development then
             answer "mistyped again" & propName
          end if