Array assignment / initialization [was Re: synonyms]

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jun 29 12:13:44 EDT 2017

On 06/28/2017 03:32 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:

> Yes, it would be nice if we had an easier (terser) way to assign to an
> array. Maybe something like Python / Perl use to assign to a dictionary.

...and ruby. Let's not forget ruby. Ruby allows for

DoSomething name: "my chart", width: 100, label: "This is a chart",
annaray: sAMine

>     put { "name": "my chart", "width": 100, "label": "This is a chart",
> "anarray": sAMine } into tA
>     DoSomething tA

LCB lets you do just that. And I'm promised that *someday* the LCB
syntax will morph into the fabled Open Language project that's used as
the excuse not to fix these anomalies.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com