can't edit...while it is executing

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Jun 14 21:13:35 EDT 2017

Richard:

 > Any way to abort this?:
 > on mouseUp
 >    repeat
 >      answer "Hi"
 >    end repeat
 > end mouseUp

There is a good chance of succeeding if you hold down Enter continually
to actuate the dialog OK while clicking rapidly on the toolbar Property
Inspector icon. If the Inspector appears, you can use it to select your
button, edit the script, add a breakpoint, "OK" and then stop the
script. It's also possible to open the Message Box this way or (for
slightly different code) turn off messages. Depending on the exact code
and situation it may take a while to get back control but it's nice when
it works! BTW I'm on Windows, real Windows that is. :) I think I've used
this technique on Mac too but let me know if it works.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
http://curryk.com/consulting/