Instantiaing Grouped Controls - Templates - Responsive

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 13 13:15:29 EDT 2017

<soapbox>

The most important rule to follow when establishing any new property should be: Don't use "dont".

The application of a "negative property" should never have been established (dontWrap, I'm talking to you).  Properties should always be non-negative and simply enabled or disabled depending on the default behavior.

</soapbox>

In this case, I get that you're referring to readable label, so there's more flexibility here of course, I just needed to vent :-)

The above said, you're right, this is a tricky case.  IMO the real differentiation here is that the rect of the *unlocked* group remains unaffected by the locations of its child objects.  Since you know the control is a group, maybe the verbose label is something like "persistent rect" since the rect will, for the most part, remain constant.

Maybe I'm forgetting something...

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media UX/UI Design