controlNames deprecated??

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 28 14:21:41 EDT 2017

> I can get the controlnames of a card, but at first blush the list does not include button names. However it*does*  list a great many numbers of 4 digits. So I tried looking up controlNames in the dictionary and there is no entry for it, at least not by using the find function.

I just tested this and it looks like the controlNames of a card only
return the names of controls whose parent is the card. Controls within a
group are listed by ID. I'm not sure if this is correct or not, I can
see the logic, but it would seem if the parent has to be the card then
controls within a group shouldn't be in the list at all.

My test card used a background group; it might be different for a card
group.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com