AW: [OT]h.264 alternatives

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 24 11:29:30 EDT 2017

Tiemo Hollmann wrote:

 > Last year I asked Sorenson media if I have to pay license fees, using
 > the h.264 codec and got the following answer from Sorenson:
 > "No, you do not need to pay any license fees to use any codecs
 > included in Squeeze. Sorenson Media pays any license fees necessary
 > for all the codecs contained in Squeeze. Once you have encoded your
 > video with a licensed product, like Squeeze, you will never need to
 > pay any licensing fees again."
 > I assume that’s the same using other compressing tools

It would be the same where the product's EULA says it's the same.  But
for products whose EULAs explicitly say otherwise, the situation would
be otherwise:

See links to the FinalCut Pro and Adobe Premier EULAs in this post:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2017-July/239621.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems