What happened to LC version numbers?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jul 20 15:09:01 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 11:41 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

>     ...the more people we can get using DP's (in particular), the higher
>     quality they will be and the faster new versions will appear.

...so when was the last time you saw a dp release?
(of anything other than LC9, which is nothing but, since it hasn't yet
reached a state stable enough for an rc release)

Seems to be LC8.1.0dp3 from 29 July 2016
LC8.1 went through 3 dp releases before getting to RC state

Last one before that was LC8.0.0dp16 17 march 2016
16 dp releases before stabilizing

and before that was LC7.0.0dp10 18 August 2014

DP releases are pretty rare. People can't try these unless they're released.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com