"Silly" fun for the weekend

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jul 14 22:16:11 EDT 2017

confirmed, I just re-downloaded again Monument Valley 1, that's exactly how they make "little alice" (or whatever her name is) move around the castle walkways. tap and she goes there (if she can)

So I guess the algorithm would be

1) when you tap on a place on the maze that in fact the little girl can get to…
2) you have a path stored
3) you move the player along the path to the point of the last tap.

But we need more

all paths thru out the maze would have to be present.  But that's almost too easy… you could spot an apple off in the corner, scan the maze and see that it's reachable, then all you do it click on the apple and the player would move through…

Monument valley solves this by setting up barriers; then you not only move Alice along.. you have to change the scene to provide the right "gangway" for her to get upstairs and then out that's the actual challenge…  using that model without all the added barriers may not work, with out their million dollar budget we would never get it done.

OK back to Mike's idea:  we just emulate a game control d-pad on  screen… custom control group. draggable If you need to get it out of the way

4 triangles with a pause button in the center. yep that would work… and another option  laid out horizontally.
users will recognize it like any audio movie controller, takes less space

left      up     pause      down    right

where my chars above are small player control icons with no labels.

But d-Pad might be easier reached with the thumb  if he  is holding her phone in the same hand at the same time.