Finding errors in a standalone

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jul 13 20:19:39 EDT 2017

After all these years, I'm finally trying to build a non-trivial
standalone (pretty much everything I've done up till now has been either
used from the IDE or from 'stackrunner' or similar).

The app runs fine in the IDE, but when I run as a standalone, it gives
me a dialog box

  - title is "Execution Error"

  - content is completely empty

  - 'close'  button

What am I doing wrong ?  How do I get actual useful info when something
goes wrong ?

I suspect it's failing when I call tsNetInit - but it does that whether
I "search for inclusions" or specify them myself (and include Internet,
SSL, etc). Is there any way to check what has been included ?

Or any other clues / suggestions ?

Thanks

Alex.