modal window = block handler?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 10 16:41:05 EDT 2017

On 7/10/17 12:18 PM, FlexibleLearning.com via use-livecode wrote:
> Opening a modal as normal (i.e. visible) obviously still does what you
> specify. We simply have a 'hidden feature' that enables a non-blocking modal
> should it be required (e.g. a progress indicator that prevents user-clicks
> on other windows).

This is no longer true and affects all stacks that require a modal to
block other windows. "Modal" should mean no other actions are possible
until the modal is dismissed.

The command: modal "stackname" allows the user to click on another
window and bring it to the front, and then proceed normally as though
the modal didn't exist.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com