Widget course

james at thehales.id.au james at thehales.id.au
Sun Jul 9 23:13:17 EDT 2017

Has any one had success with the widget course?

I thought it time to go through the new widget course following last month's LC Global.
Unfortunately I can't seem to get past the first lesson.
I have tried this in both LC8.15rc3 and LC9dp7
I save the lcb file in my widget folder and then open it via the extension builder.
I was successfully able to test the lcb file and so I moved on to the next lesson, installing an lcb library.
This is where I have come to grief.
I press the "install" button and the log shows two entries.
The first informs me the compilation is skipped as it is all up to date (I guess from testing.)
The second is an error telling me no version found in...and then a full path to my lcb file.
What does this mean?
What is not found?
The lcb file is most definitely there so what else is missing?
When I check in the "Extensions" folder in "My Livecode" there is no widget folder created so the error is for real and is stopping the build.

Has something changed since the tutorial was made.
I mean this is the simplest of simple exercises.
What's gone wrong?

I am on a Mac.

James