Saturated fat

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:01:12 EDT 2017

Downloading the Mac Community version of LC 8.1.3 rc 3
I reflected on the fact that it is 10 times the size of LC 4.5.

This in itself is not a bad thing as it is packed full of all sorts
of stuff (eg. the Unicode magic) that LC 4.5 was not.

What is does mean though is that ALL standalones are
on the fat side nowadays.

Now I know all about the inclusions/exclusions settings, but even with
"everything"
excluded standalones are still fatter than they used to be by quite a bit.

Why do I have a feeling that at one point there was some discussion
about making the LC "thang" even more modular so that one
could make "trim" standalones?

Richmond.