HTML5 and different editions

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 06:08:13 EST 2017

On 22 Jan 2017, at 23:36, hh via use-livecode wrote:

> Keith writes about the ability to make standalones, not about the
> license.
> I thought *every* edition of LiveCode can create HTML5 standalones?

The Standalone Application Settings window in the standard Indy LiveCode
does show an HTML5 panel, but it also says "Your license does not
include HTML5 deployment entitlement." That's why I reinstalled the
Community edition alongside the Indy one.

I don't know what the difference is between the Community edition's
HTML5 abilities and the Business edition, but it stands to reason that
there is something. :) Protecting/passwording code would make a lot of
sense: not locking code fits in with the general ethos of the open
source Community version, just as the ability to lock code is a
significant benefit for those publishing commercial products. I'd really
like to see the vanilla version of Indy given the Community level of
HTML5 ability too rather than have to keep another near-gig-sized app
around just for that! :D

---

Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---