What has changed in MacOS 10.12 in handling code pages?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:15:23 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode
>So the issue is solved for my current
> development, but is a great annoyance for all my customers out there with
> old versions, because this bug makes my program unusable for all of them.

So isn't that normal software evolution? With every OS X upgrade most
software vendors have to tweak their product to make it compatible
with the latest and greatest. I usually wait until OS x.2 before
scanning the websites of my most needed software to confirm they are
compatible before I'll consider upgrading my OS.

I think some software developers bank on this 'need to update' to
maintain a revenue stream.

Granted, having fonts display abnormally isn't something I've ever
heard of before.