Array Properties in a Standalone

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Jan 10 23:04:20 EST 2017

> On 11 Jan 2017, at 2:52 pm, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> In the IDE this works famously. In a compiled application however, the column updateby in every table I insert or update is empty. The only explanation I can come up with for this is that arrays do NOT get stored properly is stacks or substacks. Normal values I can retrieve for sure, because I store the current unique ID's of table records like custid, siteid, deviceid etc. in properties so that I can retrieve  them later when inserting/updating into the SQL database. That works in the IDE AND Standalones.

I can’t give you any solid leads here but I think the idea that custom property sets don’t work in a standalone is a red herring. I’d start by finding the bit of code that sets the custom property set and wrap the whole handler in a try/catch structure and throw up an answer dialog with any error. Debugging standalones isn’t that much fun at the moment (we have a remote debugger in the works).

Cheers

Monte