button width on different platforms

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:00:49 EST 2017

Um, well, yes: but whether the operating system that your end-user is
going to play with your font
the same way as your operating system plays with it is another potential
pitfall.

Certainly I am wondering what Windows 10 is going to do with the latest
version of my Devawriter
when I hive off a Windows standalone from LC 8.1.2:

with LC 4.5 Windows 8 really behaved extremely badly with my Devawriter
font
(which behaved "as it should" on Macintosh, Linux and Windows XP, Vista
and "7").

This was not because Devawriter went "shopping" for some font it could
find on the end-user's system,
and, as far as I can tell it had little or nothing to do with LiveCode:
but just that Windows 8 seemed to
screw up with non-standard Unicode fonts.

Richmond.