Script Editor fixable? (was: Configuring a Sublime Text project to notify LiveCode IDE about updates to script only stacks)

Simon Knight smk at anvic.net
Sun Feb 26 08:24:29 EST 2017

Hi, as someone who came to Livecode attracted by the hook that it could be used by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) I try and follow these threads but please take care with the use of abbreviations / acronyms.  Some I’ve worked out others I’ve no idea : OSS open source S?????, SOS ??? or generally  morse code dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot “Save Our Souls”  however it doesn’t read well below ;-)

My concern with external editors is based on my use of the tRev editor in the past, which while having some nice features often lost the edits I made.  I have no idea how it communicated with the IDE.

I agree with your comments re GIT.  As a one man band it seems like over kill in my situation.  So I am creating an AutoSave plugin that makes a backup every few minutes if the scripts have been modified (it has no knowledge of changes to the UI).  It also produces a simple log file that describes the delta between backups.  I am happy to share if it is of any interest.

best wishes

Skids

Simon Knight
smk at anvic.net