LC9 DP5 - mimeEncodeAsMIMEEmail and attachments

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Fri Feb 24 10:54:32 EST 2017

Hi,
did someone already tested the new mime library, especially the command mimeEncodeAsMIMEEmail.

I tried it already and i am having problems to use the command with an attachment. My problem is, the attachment is not encoded and not added to the encoded message in the IT variable.

This is my sample code i am using for it

on mouseUp
   answer File "file"
   if it is empty then exit to top
   put it into tFile
   put URL ("Binfile:"&tFile) into tData
   set the itemdelimiter to slash
   put item -1 of tFile into tFileName
   put tFile into tAttachment["filepath"]
   put "tFileName" into tAttachment["name"]
   put tData into tAttachment["data"]

   put "email1 at server.com <mailto:email1 at server.com>" into tTo
   put "email2 at server.com <mailto:email2 at server.com>" into tCc
   put "email3 at server.com <mailto:email3 at server.com>" into tFrom
   put "this is the subject" into tSubject
   put mimeEncodeFieldAsMIMEMultipartDocument(the long id of field 1) into tBody

   mimeEncodeAsMIMEEmail tBody, tFrom, tTo, tCC, tSubject, tAttachment

   put it
   answer the result
end mouseUp

Shouldn´t that work? Or is there an error in it? The Result does not show any error.

Regards,

Matthias
Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13