[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-5

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Feb 23 16:59:23 EST 2017

First of all this is a Developer Preview. Note the, "This is not a stable release" disclaimer. Consider also that some may be unwilling to move to version 9 until such a time as they feel confident that most of the issues have been shaken out of it. I am one of these.

Do you suggest that all development and improvement for version 8 and that we all wait for certain bugs to be addressed in the next major release? That would be unfortunate. Already since the earlier versions of 8, there have been marked improvements and bug fixes, such as much faster search times and an order of magnitude faster Build times.

So long as version 8 is supported, I think we can expect (and be thankful) that the LC dev team is constantly improving. And also, I suspect that any new features introduced and bugs squashed in 8 are also being rolled into 9. It's not an either or proposition.

Bob S