Null symbol cross platform

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 22 19:31:42 EST 2017

On 2/22/17 7:15 AM, David V Glasgow via use-livecode wrote:
> I have a group displaying a number of single character fields which
> can be clicked on to populate other fields.  Essentially a pick list.
> One of the options is the null set character ( the O with a line
> through it, U+2205).  I have tried to find a cross platform font that
> displays it on Mac & Win.  I got some apparently duff info that
> Trebuchet would do the trick,  It is OK on Mac, but appears as the
> mystery character box on Win standalone.

It may be the difference in the character sets for each platform. If you
always develop on a Mac, use macToISO() on the character when the
platform is win32. LC usually does the conversion by itself, but if you
are populating the list from a custom property, the script has to do it.

If you aren't using a custom property then I'm not sure why it isn't
translating. Is the list coming from somewhere outside LC? If so,
textDecode() should work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com