How to view custom props

Jerry Jensen jerry at jhjensen.com
Fri Feb 17 14:25:37 EST 2017

Hi folks,
I’m back to working in LC after a hiatus working on other pressing issues. I seem to be missing something important - how to view custom properties. I use them a lot in this project.

In LC 7.1.4 I would use the Stack Inspector, and pull down its top menu to Custom Properties. In this case, all the custom props are of the stack.

In LC 8.1.2, which I would like to use, there is no such pull-down, and I can’t seem to find any way to view contents of Custom Properties! All I find in various docs is to select the object, then choose Object Inspector from the Object menu. Nothing I can figure out will un-gray that choice, but I suspect it would give me the Stack Inspector anyway.

What am I missing, or forgetting? Where would I find this in the sea of documentation?

Feeling a bit ignorant,
Jerry