Size of Image in RAM

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 8 10:59:39 EST 2017

On our copiers, we have the option of scanning to Compact PDF. All it does is use the highest compression for the embedded JPEG images. The copier will not allow the selection of Compact PDF if the color depth is set to grayscale or black and white. Hence, I believe you are correct in your assessment. Grayscale is essentially a 256 color (8 bit) image which uses only black as a color.

Bob S