Screen Resolution for Desktop Apps

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:07:53 EST 2017

Well, for starters, my experience tells me that one's standalones should
have a fixed resolution
(I generally go for something like 1024 x 768 minus a bit on the
vertical to take into account "screen furniture"
such as men bars, start bars and docks).

Then I have a routine in the stackScript or the script of the first card
that checks the end-user's screen-res:
the stack can then flash up a window that says something like this:

"This program requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024 by 768, and a
screen resolution of
more than 1280 by 960 is not recommended"

Richmond.