[OT] Draconian computer company policies, was: Mobile LC Apps Downloading Stacks After installation

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Aug 11 13:28:53 EDT 2017

On 2017-08-11 19:22, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> So, I wonder why there is not a way of putting one's iPad app onot the
> web in a way (and I don't mean via Cydia)
> that will allow people to download it onto their tablets
> independently, as one can do on an Android device?

There is - you build your app signed with your provisioning profile. You
upload it. Someone else downloads it, and resigns it with there's.

I'm sure there must be a utility out there which makes this 'easy' - it
certainly seems simple enough to me - okay so not a nice 'store' type
interface on your phone; you need to attach it to a computer. However,
that is just a small wall to step over.

Of course, it is contigent on having a Apple developer account but I'm
pretty sure these days you don't need to pay the $99 unless you want to
submit an app....

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps