Taking quotes on building LC external for RethinkDB

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 6 19:39:10 EDT 2017

Hello Tom -

ReThinkDB seems like a good project.  I'm assuming this is for
client-server over the Internet, yes?

If so, do you plan on connecting the DB directly to the open Internet,
or use a middleware supplying a REST API for clients?

If the latter, you'd only need a means of connecting LC directly to the
DB if you were using LC Server.   But since LC Server is a CGI, and
since one of the benefits of using ReThinkDB is performance, if you used
PHP as your middleware you'd be able to use the existing APIs for that
language on the server, and your LC-based clients would just call your
REST API via GET and POST.

If this is not helpful, what other considerations might we take into
account to explore options for efficient connections with that DB?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems