Negative Numbers and NumberFormat

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Apr 3 19:22:09 EDT 2017

The time format is irrelevant. It just so happens I have a function for calculating the difference in time, and when the first character is a - I know the end time is earlier than the start time, which was what I was checking for.

And I think you are mistaken. numberFormat sets the format for numeric values, not just any characters. You should rather say the number format determine the num of DIGITS. Signage is an acceptable part of a numeric value. A dollar sign or a comma for example are not.

Still, if everyone expects that set the number format to "00"; return 0-1 should return -1, well then that's how it should be.

Bob S