iOS app rejected five times because of background audio setting

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Apr 3 16:32:06 EDT 2017

Richard,

Been down this road. Ticking the "Background Audio" option sets
UIBackgroundModes key to "audio" as well as setting
UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend=False to keep you app active. If you are not
actually playing background audio then you will get rejected. The way to do
this is to edit the app.

1) In Tools/Runtime/iOS... set all the folders to read/write.
2) Edit the setting.plist in each of the folders and change
UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend key value to "False" (or like I do...delete the
key all together)

That's it! Apple will not complain. If you need to have some apps with it on
and some with it off then make a copy of the app and change the
setting.plist's in the copy.

I only change the devices(only 2) and leave the simulators as is (I have 5
of them). If I want to test this behavior I just put the app on a device.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net