iOS app rejected five times because of background audio setting

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Apr 3 15:52:16 EDT 2017

I have gone back and forth with Apple five times in an attempt to get
this setting correct. I made the mistake originally of enabling the
background audio option in the iOS standalone settings area. I was
trying to prevent the app from exiting when the user switched to a
different app. I know that this setting solves that issue, but it also
caused Apple to reject my app because I was not including any background
audio.

I have since realized that the correct way to deal with this is to
modify the "exit on suspend" clause in the livecodescript file. But
after creating a new standalone and submitting it to Apple, they keep
telling me I am still referencing the backgroundaudio option. I tried
making changes to the info.plist and settings.plist files, but I can't
seem to get this right.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of LC 9.0 and created a new standalone.
When I look at the info.plist file in the standalone, this is what I find:

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
     <array>

     </array>

Is this correct? Is this the way the code should read when the
background audio option is not being used?

Thanks for any help with this,
Richard Miller