reloading iOS provisioning profiles etc

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu Sep 29 19:55:27 EDT 2016

Dave Kilroy:
Dave, your prescription for loading the iOS app really helped a lot!!!

I got the app onto my iPhone is less than an hour and most of that was spent making icons. It solves a problem of using very complex software to do a rather simple task and it’s so easy to go wrong at any step. It’s the gotchas that are critical.

BTW, I used LC 8.1 (rc1) and XCode 8. My Mac is on 10.11.6. I’m waiting to upgrade until I’m assured LC will build and load iOS apps on the new version of OSX.

One thing I had to do was first create an appID profile for my app. No biggy. After I made the provisioning profile and launched Xcode and looked at it in the Preferences:Accounts pane, I had some old profiles and tried to delete them, but they didn’t all delete. The right click on the profile line to open the enclosing folder was wonderful! I just dragged all my old profiles into the trash, figuring to download the ones I needed. But, then the XCode list of profiles didn’t show up as downloads. Probably something on the developer site didn’t update them, because they did show up and the web site. So, I downloaded the profile manually from the developer site and dragged it into the correct folder (which I found by right clicking on the Preferences:Accounts profile line). It showed up and, to my surprise, it loaded onto my iPhone. Whoopee!

Wow, I’m so happy that now I have a bunch of unplanned time, so I’ll go have a glass of wine and drink a toast to you.

Best,
Bill