Opening a stack without a .livecode extension

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 29 13:10:38 EDT 2016

Graham Samuel wrote:

 > Thanks Richard. You're right (of course!), it’s a path problem. But
 > it’s a pretty subtle one, since I obtained the path by executing
 >  put specialFolderPath("preferences") & “/my preferences" into
 > tPrefsPath
 >
 > Which should have given me a cast iron result. Turns out that this
 > produces a path with a redundant slash at the front! I don’t think
 > this used to happen. Anyway when I delete the first char of the path,
 > then it all works. Perhaps this is a bug - I will try to confirm it
 > and isolate it.

If any paths returned from specialFolderPath() end in "/" that should be
reported so it can be addressed ASAP.  So many things will start to
break if that's the case, so I'm sure the team would want to jump on
that quickly.

The recipe should be simple enough, just running this in the Message Box:

   put specialFolderPath("preferences")

If the trailing "/" is there please report it, and if not we'll need to
figure out how it got there in your script.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems