Opening a stack from an OSX library

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 06:33:53 EDT 2016

I just sent this mail under the wrong subject - please ignore that version! G

I’ve got a preferences stack which is called something like “my preferences”. It’s not called “my preferences.livecode”. It’s a mainstack, not a substack of any other. The path to the stack is of the form

/Users/Graham/Library/Preferences/my preferences

If I put the path to the stack in a variable and then try to open it from within another stack, as in

go card 1 of stack pathToMyStack

It doesn’t open and ‘exists’ says it doesn’t exist - but it can be opened from the IDE.

If I do the same experiment outside my Library folder, it seems to be OK.

I thought at first this was because I didn’t include an extension (“.livecode”0, but that’s not apparently the issue.

The Dictionary entry for ‘go' says:

> If you specify a file path or http URL, the command opens the main stack of the specified stack file.

Can anyone explain what’s happening?

Graham