Detect lat/long Intersections

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 04:25:15 EDT 2016

You can try using within(object, point) if you define an object using the
points on the boundary of your detection area.

If your area is easy to define then you can just test it. For example, if
it's a circle then you only need to measure the distance between the bus's
location and the center of the circle. If it's a rectangle then you just
measure if the point is less than and greater than the bounding latitude
and longitude.