LiveCode interface to SCORM /LIT

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Thu Sep 22 11:04:29 EDT 2016

Martin,
I hadn't heard about xAPI. I've really just dabbled in this subject. I know that my campus uses a highly customized version of Moodle, so it would be compatible with xAPI. Our local community college is changing over to Canvas after using Moodle, and before that, Blackboard. An organization I'm involved with that distributes higher Ed learning resources (http://serc.carleton.edu/index.html) uses a protocol called "Common Cartridge".

The api needs to allow for stand-alone app integration, for my purposes. When I look at the docs for these api's, my eyes roll back in my head and I realize it would be a major project for me to implement this interface for my work. I give my projects away for free, so putting that kind of investment into the LMS api doesn't make sense for me. However, that said, I am interested and would be interested in using and/or testing, and following progress with those who might develop a livecode framework.

One thing I do know is that SCORM is inadequate for higher Ed. It forces a specific learning model that is outdated.

I will see if I can get some information from our Moodle IT guys at UCSB.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org