copy a stack from dropbox to temp-folder (script)

John Allijn john.allijn.lc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:46:43 EDT 2016

Hi,

I’m trying to copy a file from my dropbox’s public folder to my local
temp-folder.
I get the filename, create a destination path and put the remote file in
the local folder. This seems to work (there is a file by that name in my
temp folder), but when I go to this copied stack I get an “this file is not
a stack”-error.

What am I doing wrong?

here’s my script:

on mouseUp
put “myStack v1.0.0.livecode” into myRemoteFileName

put "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14355803/PVT/"& myRemoteFileName
into myRemoteStackName

put "file:"&specialfolderpath("temporary")&slash into targetFile
revCopyFile myRemoteStackName, targetFile

put specialfolderpath("temporary")&slash& myRemoteFileName into
 stackInTempFolder
go to stack stackInTempFolder

put the result

end mouseUp