Bug or Feature - Tranparent Buttons Non-Responsive

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 11 23:23:02 EDT 2016

On 9/11/16 9:08 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
>  I have adopted Scott's "hack" to make a button that works across whole rect

Hm, if both you and Scott needed a hack to solve a problem I've never
seen, then I wonder what's different.

I dragged a standard button to a new stack, resized it to be fairly
large, and in the property inspector I turned off "opaque". I put a
script into the button that just put the seconds into the msg box on
mouseUp. It responded no matter where I clicked.

Then I turned off showborder, threeD, and autohilite and it still responded.

Then I made a new button and just chose "Transparent" from the button
style in the inspector. That one also responded at any loc inside its rect.

What's different in your setup?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com