Xcode 8 / iOS 10 support coming in 8.1.1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 8 12:52:53 EDT 2016

Roger Eller wrote:

 > On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
 >> LiveCode already supports deployment to Android 7.0.
 >
 > What I meant to ask is, which specific NEW Android 7.0 features are
 > supported in LC?

I didn't see anything in the Release Notes for the latest build that was
Android 8.0-specific.  There was one Android-specific enhancement
related to improved GPS time stamps, but I don't believe that's limited
to Android 8.0.

What Android 8.0 features would you like to see supported that we don't
have access to now?

 > Where is the latest list of mobile features that would show LiveCodes
 > commitment for keeping parity between supported mobile platforms?

The Release Notes are the best way to keep abreast of changes in the engine.

For ongoing work, I search the Dictionary for features I need, and so
far what I've needed on mobile is available on both the iOS and Android
builds of LiveCode.

As we see on the desktop, from time to time there will be a feature
implemented for one platform but not others simply because the other
OSes don't support it (Windows Registry, AppleScript, etc.).

With both desktop and mobile, OSes have become sufficiently commoditized
that they tend to have far more in common than they have differences,
which works out well for us (and those devs using any tool who are
making money, since with a few exceptions the most popular apps in
either app store are available for both).

Is there something LC supports on one platform but not another that
you'd like to see added to the other?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems