Problems with LC 9.0.0 (dp 1)

hlowe hlowe at me.com
Wed Oct 26 17:22:42 EDT 2016

The missing images issue has been resolved. Looks like LC requires relative
file paths to image files used within mobile apps. When I use the IDE to set
the source file of an image object, LC stores the absolute path to the image
on disk:

e.g. /Users/username/Documents/Livecode/LC
Projects/myProject/images/myImage.png

The absolute path works in the iOS emulator but not on the device. Manually
changing the paths to relative paths in the image object source field within
the IDE solves the problem:

e.g. ./images/myImage.png

Can't remember if this is a known issue/feature?  In LC Preferences under
'Files & Memory' there is an option to 'Always use absolute file paths for
images' but that doesn't seem to have any effect. I would have guessed that
LC would automatically use relative file paths but that does not seem to be
the case. Am I missing something?

Henry