not so much a bug, but a needed workaround

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:39:38 EDT 2016

I think what I need is to have front scripts ignored when in an IDE window,
but I'm not quite sure.

I have a number of places in my interface where mouseOver is used to pop up
a stack or group, and mouseMove to determine if it's been left.

These scripts use custom properties of the stacks, which are copied
dynamically from the master copy when needed, and those properties set.

I got the bright idea to set a front script so that the mouse scripts would
be intercepted and ignored in the original stacks, as I was tired of
dodging those fields.

It worked, right until I was single-stepping through a script.  At which
point,, moving the mouse fires the front script.  (As a side issue, I seem
to return to the wrong place).

The problem is that moving the mouse in the ide fires the front script--as
a single step process, to boot!

If the front script just ran, I'd be fine, but I drop to the "on mouseMove"
line, waiting fro more input (and this could recurse brutally . . .)

Is there an obvious solution?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462