How do I codesign an App?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 26 15:24:07 EDT 2016

I've been code-signing third-party Mac and Windows apps for about two
years. Or rather, my client has, but I helped set it up.

We use AppWrapper for Mac and the kSign utility provided by
ksoftware.net along with their certificate. It has been a simple process
once everything is set up. Build the LC app for both platforms, use
AppWrapper on the Mac version and kSign on the Windows one. Both
utilities are pretty much a one-click event after setup.

Note you need to get the appropriate certificates. If you are
distributing a Mac app outside of the App Store, you need to acquire a
Third Party Developer certificate from the developer portal. For
in-store apps you'd use the regular certificates most of us have.

For Windows, you need to apply for and purchase a Windows Developer
certificate. This process can take a couple of weeks. KSoftware will
help you through it. You will need to provide identification, proof of
business status, and some other paperwork to proove who you are and that
you are a legitimate company or developer. They check your credentials,
and if you pass muster they issue the developer certificate. You use
that with their KSign executable to sign the Windows app.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com