sluggishness of 8.1.1 on send in 0/wait 0 pairs?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:27:49 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:

> Send in time has does not guarantee when a message will be sent. It’s ASAP
> after the event time. If there is a pending message that should be handled
> before the message you sent then it will be handled and then you will run
> out of time because you are only waiting 0.

In this particular case, with certainty there are no pending messages when
it this one is sent.  It could conceivably be engine messages, but I'm also
seeing the reproducible case that it's the first sent message when this
bites, while if the code executes again, it doesn't bite subsequently.

>If you need to guarantee that you are waiting until the message is sent
then do something like:

I definitely don't want to guarantee that--that would leaving me waiting
for timeouts.

I'm more concerned that something just ain't right here, as I have my
workaround.

Speaking of which, is letting us specify database timeout on mac in the
future?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462