Close stack will not fire "hide group"

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Oct 22 22:43:57 EDT 2016

I have this in a stack script

on closeStack
    hide group "HomeScreensBottomNav"
end closeStack

I can test from msg box: group is hidden

if I restart the stack, group is still hidden: ergo I have no hidden initialization methods that are turn on the vis for this group.

in one button/svg widget in this group there is handler

on mouseUp
      close this stack
loadModule "home"
end mouseup

theoretically this should fire the close stack handler

but it doesn't, when I reopen the stack the group is still visible.

If I test with this:

on closeStack
hide group "HomeScreensBottomNav"
put "hello"

end closeStack

If I add this, apply and save the stack, click the button on the bar the stack is close msg box appears "hello"

but group is not hidden.

Any clues? it is almost as if the hide command is being intercepted by something,  prop of the objects is being intercepted, but I have no front scripts that do that.

Svasti Astu, Be Well
Brahmanathaswami
www.himalayanacademy.com