How to ensure that 'close stack' destroys the stack in RAM?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 17 15:14:08 EDT 2016

On 10/17/16 11:35 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> the application browser shows the file as a loaded
> main stack but clicking to open it causes it to disappear from that pane.

I don't think this is related to the problem, it's a bug in the App
Browser that's been there forever. I'm so used to it that I don't even
think about it any more, and I sometimes click on the stack I know is
removed just to get it out of the list. There's a tiny "refresh" icon in
the lower right corner of the stack list pane that does the same thing.

> I also see that when I have stack mystic of stack.a.livecode loaded, then
> save it as stack.b.livecode, and even ad an explicit close for the old
> filename, that it tends to lurk somewhere, and give the "what do you want
> to do with  stack.b.ivecode before loading stack.a.livecode" when a should
> be gone.

Is the stacks destroyStack property set to true? If not, just closing it
isn't enough. Also, if it's a substack, it won't ever be removed as long
as its mainstack is open.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com