tsNET and Proxies

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 2 14:47:46 EDT 2016

On 10/2/16 12:00 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> That seems like buggy behavior to me.
>
> Selecting internet as an inclusion should *automatically* select
> internet permissions for all platforms. Is there really a use case for
> selecting inclusion of the internet library but not allowing its use?

It is conceivable that you might want to include an extension without
actually using it (I've seen this on some stacks where the developer
wants it there so they won't forget in future builds, or maybe because
they don't know which extensions need to be included.) I admit that's
stretching things.

It doesn't bother me much, especially since there are so many other
permissions that don't have extension equivalents so you have to go
through them anyway. That's not to say I'm against changes, but I don't
think of it as a bug. The two types of settings control different things.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com