My own productivity app

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Wed Nov 30 03:17:50 EST 2016

Thank you, Jacqueline and Mike, for your responses.

Jacqueline wrote that LC provides no feedback when it isn't the frontmost app. But is there a way to use MacOS's Notification Center from within LiveCode to tell me things like that?

Mike's solution using a timed loop seems to do the trick to add the MacBreakZ functionality. So the app and site blocking functionality is the only thing that is hard to implement. But for that, I could use (hey)Focus; this app is the least intrusive of the three I mentioned. So I could make my own Pomodoro-timer with a ToDo-list and the MacBreakZ-functionality, and let (hey)Focus do the site/app blocking.

Heck, key logging, site blocking, disabling of other apps… It sounds like I'm brewing up something evil. (But I'm not.)

Thanks for the help.

With kind regards,
Terry Vogelaar