JavaScript + LC HTML5 = LiveCode.js

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:38:48 EST 2016

Hello Roger, you need to remember almost 50% of web users are on a
non-desktop OS, and almost none of them support plugins like you are
describing. LC HTML5 is what it is...It is an App running in an HTML5
canvas. We will be limited that those restrictions. But I understand where
you are coming from.

What I would like to focus on is what are the current possibilities that we
can capitalize on with the JavaScript integration - NOW. I need a
functioning HTML5 data entry clint for several Apps we are developing.

Mark, One question I had that was NOT answered is..Can a JavaScript
function call a LiveCode function? I know this was added in the LC8 browser.

How do we get started and have the community involved? We can do it and
give it to everyone like we have been doing, but I would like to see if we
can get several people involved who are passionate about making LC HTML5
easier and  more successful. We code just want to do it our way, but the
middle ground so more people will use it, and improve it. Richard, Any
ideas?

--Todd