Shell Command and cURL

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 22 17:29:09 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have never used LiveCode’s Shell command, and I was hoping that someone on the forum might be able to give me an example of how to use it with cURL to download a list of files from an FTP site. I have been using cURL to download many files at a time from a given directory by pasting the code into Terminal in OS X. The problem is that Terminal cannot handle a command that is too long. This limits me to pasting no more than about 500 file paths at a time, but I need to download about 145,000 files. That’s a fair bit of manual pasting. So if someone could give me an example of using the Shell command with cURL, I’d be much obliged.

Regards,

	Gregory