[ANN] LiveCode for FM Brings Easy Flexible Coding to FileMaker Apps
heather at livecode.com
Wed Nov 16 12:42:50 EST 2016
Dear List members,
Today we are proud to announce the first release of the LiveCode for FM beta:
This allows you to use the power of LiveCode inside FileMaker, bringing the best of both worlds to your app. FileMaker excels at providing data driven capabilities while LiveCode excels at native app centric features. By running LiveCode applications within FileMaker a whole new class of interactive app can now be created rapidly by using the unique strengths from each environment.
For example you can:
- Display fully interactive content built in LiveCode within FileMaker
- Use LiveCode’s complete feature set, with 30+ fully customizable interface objects and 5000+ language features built-in, plus flexible widgets and community built libraries for even the most sophisticated project
- Continue to use all of FileMaker’s great data toolset and rich business app building features
- Integrate external systems including OS and complex web APIs
- Add functions that are currently difficult or impossible in FileMaker, for example:
* A billing calculator
* Survey tool
* Tree data display
* Animated chart
* Rich text editor
* Manipulate data going into or retrieved from FileMaker using natural English “chunk” expressions, traditional regular expressions, nested arrays, and a whole host of professional grade data manipulation tools.
This release will bring great benefits to a new audience for the LiveCode platform. It has been built on the new LiveCode 8 platform which shipped earlier this year. In other news 8.1.2-rc-2 was released today, and a new DP of the 9 series is expected this week, being built by our separate LiveCode Language team.
If you are a FileMaker user, check out our new LiveCode for FM Beta here today:
Customer Services Manager
More information about the Use-livecode