Fwd: LC / WordPress / CGI challenge

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun May 29 16:52:32 EDT 2016

1. I wouldn't bother trying to do this simple task in PHP if I didn't have
to...

how about..

create a livecode server page with the rating/poll page and business logic
since you said you could do that ...  and easy to check and debug outside
WP.

and then use an IFRAME in the html
to display your content. Yes, Livecode (server) working inside a WP page.
everything shows from the Livecode server instance, including the CCS
inside the 'view port'.
<iframe>
</iframe>

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

2. use the IP of the visitor (available in the globals) to assure
uniqueness. Keep a list.

and for a double check use a "been here before" cookie/flag specifically
for this poll.

someone clever could hack it but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org