Maybe found another bug in 8

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue May 24 19:58:55 EDT 2016

I can no lonegr select the text of a menu button. I would tell you what kind of menu button it is but the inspector no longer seems to tell me that. The select command according to the dictionary now only works on pictures, not text. That is a BIG deal. Several of my menus work this way. As the user types, I filter down the menu options that begin with what the user has already typed, so that he can type 2 or 3 characters and the list will be a few items long instead of the original several hundred.

Since setting the text of a menu button *ALSO* sets the label to the first line, I have to select the character after the last one typed to the end of what is now the label, so that the user progressively replaces that selection with what he types next.

Seems complicated, but just think how web browsers try to fill in the rest of what you typed with search suggestions, and that is exactly the effect I created. Works in 6.7 does NOT work in 8.

Bob S