MetaCard compatibility patterns

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 24 19:18:58 EDT 2016

Monte Goulding <monte at ...> writes:

> Just having it work as documented is all I’m after at the moment.
Changing the behavior completely
> probably needs more time to consider ramifications than we can assign to it.

Yeah, that's why I'm bringing it up for discussion now.
And why I didn't implement these changes in my PR.

I don't *think* there are any repercussions, since the id remapping happens
behind the scenes at the engine level, and the fact that the algorithm that
does the mapping has always been faulty would add to this reasoning. But in
any event, I wanted to bring this up publicly just in case.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com